Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A brief introduction...

Hmmm...the first blog. I'm really not entirely sure which approach to take. Should I just jump right into a story, describe my day, or tell you a bit about myself? Well, I believe that if I reveal a few things about myself right now, it would lesson the questions people may have about me later. Sound good? Great.

First of all, I am a sixteen-year-old girl (hence, the name of the blog). I live in the midwest and am surrounded by small towns and family farms. Basically, my goal is to leave. I know that I have it pretty good here and I do realize that I am blessed with a supportive family and wonderful friends, but I am bored with the scenery and desperately want the experience of living on the coast or in a city. Anything but a small farm, please. However, this will have to wait.

By the way, I am warning my readers that I tend to skip around a lot. Most people would use the word "random" to describe how my brain works. Of course, there is always a thought process...I just don't always make it known. But, hey, it's me. Take it or leave it...I really don't give a s***.

Oh, yes. Next subject. I do curse quite a bit. I can't think of any curse words that really deeply offend me. I am a firm believer that cuss words can be as harmless as any other word. It is not what word you say, children, but how you use it. I'd much rather be called a motherf***** or a c*** than fat. But in case you haven't noticed my use of star symbols (I've forgotten the technical term for that character) I am planning on avoiding cussing in my blog. This may change, this may not. Who cares? My blog equals my rules...right?

Ahhh...I was hoping that I could lengthen this a lot more, but I think I'm about to go get ready for bed. I had to get up early for FBLA contest today, and I'll have to get up almost as early for an FFA breakfast in the morning. I am quite exhausted at this point, since I don't usually get the minimum ammount of sleep that is suggested in my health class. Not that I've really been striving to be the healthiest person, anyway. But whatever. I'm tired.

In order to tell you a bit about myself without taking up a lot of time, I will simply write a few things about me in choppy, undesirable sentences with virtually no artistic flow. Enjoy.

1. I play softball and run track.
2. I am involved in organizations such as FBLA and FFA (as indicated above).
3. I am a sophomore in highschool.
4. I am one of those people who like to read when I don't have to, but instantly hates any book that a teacher makes me read.
5. I have two brothers. One is in college, and one has graduated college.
6. I love rock music and somewhat like rap music. But I will pass on country music. Too twangy and whiney for yours truly.
7. I am a hypocritical tree hugger. What I mean is that I hate fur coats, love animals, but am a meatlover. I just can't give up hamburgers as much as I hate eating innocent cows. It helps that they taste delicious.

It seems like seven is a good number to stop on. It's supposed to be a lucky number or something, right?

Well. Close enough.

Anyway, I will have to say goodbye for a little while. Don't fret, nonexistant fans, for I will return.

Hugs and Peace Signs,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment